By subscribing to this newsletter, you will get:
- 🗓️Every Saturday, a crisper ‘News of the Week’ edition. It includes 📰essential news articles, 🌦️Weather reports, 🚌transport bulletins and 😷Covid updates sourced straight from government websites and official social media accounts. 🌐🎫 Also includes recommendations to best online and offline events taking place across the city.
- 👫🏽On Sundays, you will get an original human-interest story. 👥Featured here are profiles of Chennai citizens who are offering solutions to common problems and running businesses or initiatives that make a difference.
- 📰How to do better local journalism
- 🥤How Fruit Shop on Greams Road began
- 🏰How Madras Inherited is inspiring residents to care about heritage conservation
- 🔍How The Old Curiosity Shop on Mount Road has endured the pandemic
- 🌳How Chennai's naturalists adopt creative ways to teach environmental conservation
💌The Chennai Emailer was featured on Media Buddhi! Read here: Local News Publishing In India: Wanted, A Million Mutinies
I won a scholarship from the Facebook Journalism Project to pursue the 100-days online Entrepreneurial Journalism Creators Program at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism (City University of New York).❤️As part of the course, I started this newsletter as my passion project to bring out the best of local journalism from this city that I call home. For queries related to this newsletter, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org | Cheers! 😊❤️
□ Thrilled to announce that we've selected an exceptional group of journalism entrepreneurs from around the world – representing 15 countries – for the #EntrepreneurialJournalismCreatorsProgram spring 2022 cohort @newmarkjschool! Thread □ (1/20)https://t.co/sLhCVD4kWC— Newmark J+ (@NewmarkJPlus) March 23, 2022