Here we are. ?
Aug 2014 to May 2018.
4 years. 48 months. 192 weeks. 1460 days. 12 professors. 45 subjects. 8 semesters.
2 projects. 98 students; 98 hopes. 98 dreams. 98 desires. ?
A batch of entrepreneurs, dumb-shits, dreamers, writers, dream-freaks, creators, deep-shits, teachers, nerds, drunkards, sobering-dope, dorks, business men, motivators, fake-pious-dudes and engineers.?
A few "placed" graduates.
Many "jobless" graduates.
Many who are about to do "anything" but "engineering."
It's a sad day yes but it's a day of a new hope. It's a dawn of a new life. ?
The life we have been waiting.
The unplanned future.
Expectations from family.
The desire to earn so that our family can sigh in pride and joy.
Our batch has a dude who has to earn to get his young sister married, the dude whose father can retire once he starts earning, the dude who plans to run his own institute, the dude who plans to start his own business and the dudes who are planning to settle in gulf.
Also, a dude who plans to become a writer.
This is a batch of mixed chocolate box;
Some taste fine, some taste bitter.
Some are fake, some are genuine. ?
Many did the cliched mistake of studying engineering and deciding what to do with life. ?
But it's okay.
It's been a journey worth living.
It's a rare life.
It's an engineer's life.?
Things, I'll miss:
1) The bus ride.?
2) The thrill while waiting for the exam results, logging into the 0.512 KB speed Anna University Website. (I suffered coma, every single time.?)
3) Fighting for a headphone ? (I bought one in my fifth sem.)?
4) SHAREit App ? (Dozen movies, question papers, PDFs shared)?
5) Department gang war. ? (Every gang has a wide-mouth dude) ?
6) Teasing and Gossiping. (Your friend's love life;? Who loves who? Who got cheated by whom?)?
7) Padappai bus 583 to Tambaram.? (Looking at the conductor's scowling face ? when he asks for change)
8) CAT exams.?? ?
9) HOD permission.?
10) Asking for extra paper in exams.??
11) Late night revision.?
12) Rejinpaul!!! ? (Dear RP team, I love you with all my life, — yours sincerely, a relaxed graduate)☺️
13) Praying namaz at the mosque.?
14) Arriving late after break hour.?
15) Grabbing lunch box. ?? (Have you seen National Geographic's "Animals gone wild"? You could watch it live in our canteen)?
17) Internal Marks. ?
18) The conversation after semester results. ?
(Professors: "S grade ah, illay.. A grade ah?"
Me: "Illay sir, U Grade"
Professors: "Apo fail pa." ?)
19) The embarrassment when getting arrear. ??
20) The thug life moment after passing through revaluation. ??
Things, the ₹6,00,000? worth education can't buy.
1) Friends ?
2) The joy of sharing your future plans with the one friend who loves to hear you always and always wishes for your success. ??❤️??
3) Teasing ? (Never gets old)
4) The professors who wished for your success.?
5) The infinite moments of little wisdom taught by teachers and friends ? (The out of syllabus questions which helps to face life)
Today is an explosion of memory and emotion.
We won't be seeing each other again.
Routine will change. No more bus stops. No more route troubles. ?
ID card. Department. Practicals. Projects. Staffs. Fees... everything, a part of a memory, lost in the abyss of our brain. ?
This isn't a goodbye though.
We can still be in touch.
We can always be in touch.
This isn't a goodbye because saying goodbye to someone you really don't want to say goodbye is absolutely horrifying. It's like being sucked into a vortex of sadness.?
This isn't a goodbye.
WhatsApp chats now have a whole new meaning.
The weekly phone calls will now have nostalgic conversation;
Talking about new life,
talking about new love,
talking about family commitments,
about our new jobs...
and eventually marriage. ?❤️??
This isn't a goodbye.
To all you guys, thanks for making this 4 years amazing, boring, annoying, and memorable. ?❤️♥️
I'll see you again.
the dude who writes, ?